教你掌握纯正英语表达方式
很多童鞋在说英语的时候多半“凭感觉”,觉得意思到了,犯些小错误也无妨。但正是这些小细节,让你的英语听起来非常不地道。有时,即便语法正确了,但由于不符合英语语言习惯(Idiomatic English),也会显得很别扭。
比如,问对方是做什么工作的,你也许会说:What is your job?语法正确,但正常人不这么说话,他们会说,What do you do?所以下面这些细节,要重视起来,努力改正。
Word Choice单词选择
1.你的外套破了。
Incorrect: Your coat is broken。
Correct: Your coat is torn。
2.总之苏珊没犯错。
Incorrect: Susan didn‘t make a fault anyway。
Correct: Susan didn‘t make a mistake anyway。
3.能借你电话用下吗?
Incorrect: May I borrow your phone?
Correct: May I use your phone?
4.他有所好转。
Incorrect: He becomes better。
Correct: He got better。
5.外面天还亮。
Incorrect: It was still bright outside。
Correct: It was still light outside。
6.在美国一般学生都不穿校服。
Incorrect: Common students in U.S.A don‘t wear a uniform。
Correct: The average students in U.S.A don‘t wear a uniform。
7.这道色拉是谁做的?
Incorrect: Who cooked this salad?
Correct: Who made this salad?
8.让我给你把把脉。
Incorrect: Let me examine your pulse。
Correct: Let me feel your pulse。
9.我把帽子忘在屋里了。
Incorrect: I forget my hat in the house。
Correct: I left my hat in the house。
10.你上过大学吗?
Incorrect: Did you attend college?
Correct: Did you go to college?
11.他的体温降下来了。
Incorrect: His temperature went down。
Correct: His temperature came down。
12.今天的报纸上有他写的关于香港的文章。
Incorrect: Today‘s newspapers has his articles on Hong Kong。
Correct: Today‘s newspapers carries his articles on Hong Kong。
13.开窗睡你会感冒的。
Incorrect: You‘ll have a cold if you sleep with your window open。
Correct: You‘ll catch a cold if you sleep with your window open。
14.我去医院探望了她生病的母亲。
Incorrect: I visited her ill mother in the hospital。
Correct: I visited her sick mother in the hospital。
15.她是第一名。
Incorrect: She was first prize。
Correct: She took first prize。
16.他失去意识很长时间了。
Incorrect: He lost consciousness for a long time。
Correct: He was unconscious for a long time。
17.他创造了世界纪录。
Incorrect: He made a world record。
Correct: He set a world record。
18.她婚姻幸福。
Incorrect: Her marriage was happy。
Correct: Her married life was happy。
19.今年夏天我要去自己的出生地看看,这是10年来的第一次。
Incorrect: I‘ll visit my native place for the first time in ten years this summer。
Correct: I‘ll visit my birth place for the first time in ten years this summer。
20.这个座位有人吗?
Incorrect: Is this seat empty?
Correct: Is this seat taken?
21.我看他面熟。
Incorrect: I know his face。
Correct: I know him by sight。
22.我的手表不走了,我得拿去检查下。
Incorrect: My watch doesn‘t move at all。 I must get it checked up。
Correct: My watch isn‘t running, I must get it checked up。
23.我来这儿的路上遇到了交通事故,所以迟到了。
Incorrect: There was a traffic accident on my way here。 It is why I was late。
Correct: There was a traffic accident on my way here。 That is why I was late。